Monday, March 19, 2007

A Little Ice for your Monday!




Sorry for the delay in the post today. Coming back to work after a week off is always difficult. I've been trying to play catch up all day. Well...this beautiful little sparkler was given to me on September 3, 2006 and in celebration of my upcoming engagement party (it is on Saturday) I figured I should go back a little in time and share my engagement with blogworld. My fiance spent last summer in Manhattan. He is in MBA school in Atlanta and he did an investment banking internship in the Big Apple for 8 weeks (8 VERY tough weeks.) He received a job offer at their office in Manhattan on the morning of August 16th (the day after my birthday.) So, we had talked about things and I knew the engagement was coming very soon. I spent the next few weeks wondering if this was "the moment." He knew I was hot on his trail and did everything he could to keep me guessing. We went to the Alabama vs. Hawaii opener on Saturday and I swear I thought I was going to be on the new jumbo tron! Well, the game ended and no proposal. The next day we had to move all of his things back to Atlanta. It was Sunday and it was hot! Box after box we unloaded everything into his apartment, then he suggested a walk. I politely declined (I had just moved all of his stuff for the past 2 hours in 100 degree weather--I was thinking air conditioning.) Then my fiance said he had made us dinner reservations at this restaurant. Got to love a guy...my fiance had forgotten we went to that restaurant a few months back and it was NOT good. Got to love a girl...I reminded him and begged could we please go to this other restaurant I had be dying to try. Poor guy. So, my fiance makes reservations and I go and get in the shower to get ready. I'm sitting on the couch in a t-shirt and boxer shorts with dripping wet hair and he comes out of his room looking very nervous. Oh shit, I thought...right now? This is it? Right now? My hair is wet! Oh my gosh. He comes over to me and says that he can't wait another minute and he has thought of hundreds of ways to do this, but none of them are good enough. So, there...in the hot apartment...he gets down on both knees and tells me (with dripping hair, wearing an old t-shirt) all the things I dreamed about hearing. We both cry and hug and kiss. I managed to sneak a look at the beautiful ring above and kept crying at that point. I had sent him probably 100 pics of rings I liked (it was kind of like my wedding cake and monogram dilemma-I knew what I liked, but couldn't figure out how to get it into one ring) and he managed to put every element I liked in one ring...my ring! Then the cute guy whips out a bottle of fabulous champagne from a box (that I believe I actually carried in.) I laugh and remind him that he doesn't have champagne glasses and he laughs and pulls them out from ANOTHER box (that I believe I also carried in.) He goes to another box and hands me a engagement gift from his Mom and I'm in shock! It was the sweetest thing. Totally unexpected at that moment and totally perfect. Awwww!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

The ring is beautiful! What a funny and sweet story of how he proposed.

Sarah said...

Now THAT is some bling! Great story- thanks for sharing! Boys are so funny, right?

Emily said...

Congrats! ROLLLL TIDE!

Susan D. said...

What a great story, and your ring is beautiful!!

Allie_in_Ga said...

Boys are too funny, I don't know many that could wait. Mine couldn't wait either for what he had planned! Beautiful ring! P.S. I think you liked a dress that is on sale at edressme.com right now!

MMM said...

Saw the pink dress...but it is only in a size 2. I'm doing well at WW, but I'm not to size 2 yet!!

J said...

Your ring is beautiful and your engagement story is so sweet!

RED said...

LOVE THAT RING! Beautiful!! (I love all things that sparkle!) And what a great story! Thanks for sharing! WHat fun!

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the ring. I love rings that have an estate piece feel.

Britt said...

Gorgeous ring! I love your story - so cute, isn't it funny how the male mind works!

Kimba said...

That is a wonderful story and a beautiful ring!

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I wasn't reading your blog yet, but that is a very sweet story. My hubby waited until I was in an old t-shirt & boxers too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin