Tuesday, March 13, 2007

All My Bags Are Packed I'm Ready To Go...


Well not all my bags are packed...but I'm currently taking the week off of work and well into packing day number 3. My fiance is currently picking up our U-Haul trailer (and I'm finishing up packing boxes...while writing my post for the day) so we can load most of the furniture that, after much debate, has not made the cut for Manhattan and will be brought pack to my parent's home. It has been very difficult to explain to my fiance why we need Margarita glasses and 3 sets of vases in Manhattan. (For Margaritas and flowers-duh!) I've won a few arguments and lost even more...poor Martini glasses. Downsizing from a 3/2 to a 1 bedroom apartment is going to be interesting in regards to "my stuff." A few nights ago my fiance was standing in my walk in closet and asking how in the world I actually wore all of these things. I explained to him that I only wore this set of clothes in the spring/summer and not to worry there was a entire fall/winter wardrobe being stored at my parents home. The look I got from him was a combination of "God help me," mixed with pity and a dash of extreme panic. I quickly promised to donate some things to the Goodwill and my Mom has agreed to ship my clothes in seasons to Manhattan. This got me thinking of the essentials I will need to purchase before I leave. Any suggestions of things I can't move to Manhattan without? I know my fiance would appreciate me having some more "essentials!" Wish us luck in the U-Haul today! Happy Moving Tuesday!

5 comments:

K said...

Best of luck. I'm doing the exact same thing today in California with my fiance. Who knew you could go through so much bubble wrap and packing tape?

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move. Although its positively beatiful here today, March is quite moody when it comes to weather so you'll still need a warmish coat at least for a few weeks (or, since I have declared myself done with winter, i wear an extra sweater, a light jacket and a scarf and so far I've been fine).

The Preppy Peach said...

I would recommend taking some true southern essentials with you to help you feel at home - for example, a bag of your favorite stone-ground grits that you can use to make shrip and grits to impress all your new "yankee" friends, some pralines for a sugar rush, and some good old southern music for your ipod (think Otis Redding, Allman Bros, Swingin Medallions, etc.) Good luck!

Sarah said...

Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

You won't miss a thing that's in storage once you settle in. You'll be too busy in NYC having the best time! There are so many fun places to go. If you are looking for something fun to do (outside of the city) this summer (aside from the Hamptons) hop the LIRR to Long Beach. There is a HUGE beautiful beach, great boardwalk & lot's of fun bars (the Inn, Saloon, Paddy McGee's). Have a great time & WELCOME!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin