Thursday, February 8, 2007

Wedding Stationary






I recently received my order from Lemon Tree Paperie for my shower stationary and my formal stationary (with new and old monogram for presents before and after the wedding.) Every Southern girl knows that thank you notes are important for every occasion, but for a wedding they are not only required...they are required quickly. My Mom actually gets worried if she does not receive a thank you note within a few weeks. She thinks that the gift got lost in the mail, so it is with that etiquette training that I decided to get a head start. I ordered my informal and formal stationary. Now I admit that I LOVE (read obsessed) stationary and I'm ecstatic to have a new monogram, so ordering stationary has been one of the highlights of planning! When I opened the box of stationary it was the first time I had seen my new initials in print. There they were, in ivory embossed card stock, three embossed letters. It was like I was looking at someone else's stationary. I know it seems funny, but it really hit me right then. I put the stationary away in my closet and now I go daily to sneak a peak at the beautiful cards. Each time, I continue to stare in awe at my new monogram. (I also have daily peaks at my wedding shoes and bridesmaid dresses, but I'll save that for another post.) It is amazing that something as simple as a monogram can have such an impact and be so sentimental. I am very excited that, I too, am about to be a "U" in just under five months!

12 comments:

Susan D. said...

I found your blog through Preppy Wedding! Welcome & best of luck. I had serious Monica from Friends moments before our wedding. I either just looked at my gown and actually tried it on several times at home. At least it was my dress!

Unknown said...

I know, I am frantically trying to get rid of my maiden name stationary and I just ordered some stationary and address labels with my new name. The great thing is I am just switching an initial (from JDR to JRD) so my monogrammed polos won't look too weird!

Greens and Pinks said...

I felt that way when I got new business cards with my married name on them. They came in a few weeks before I got married, and I found myself peeking at them several times a day!

Melissa said...

I used that first card you have pictured as my before my wedding thank yous! I LOVE those other two as well!

Britt said...

Love your blog! Check out my preppy southern wedding on my blog, tickled pink.
I am going to order my stationary from lemontree paperie for my new and old monogram but I have a thank you note monogram question - are you using your new initals for your wedding thank you notes or your combined initials with new last name, hubby's first and your first?

MMM said...

blt-
I am using my new initals for my "after the wedding" formal stationary and my old initals for my "before the wedding" formal stationary. It was tough guessing how many of each to order! I am using my initials because I know I'll be the one writing the thank you notes! What is the address to your blog?

MMM said...

Melissa,
What did you use for your after the wedding stationary?

Mrs. Shelton said...

I found your blog through preppy wedding as well. I too am a soon to be bride! I love your stationary picks and have not found exactly what I want yet. I am most excited about my new name! I have always disliked my last name!

Sarah said...

Love it all! So glad to find another preppy bride.

Britt said...

Thanks, I know I feel like I should have hundreds of notecards on hand because I have already used quite a few!
tickledpinkprep.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I used a William Arthur notecard with a monogram that matched the monogram I used on my wedding invitation.

Allie_in_Ga said...

Oh I wish I had you all you preppy brides to be last year! I still peak at my wedding dress, now 9 mos. later, so it never ends....;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin