Thursday, February 15, 2007

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez


Well, I'm off...my fiance and I are heading south to my parent's home this afternoon. I am in Mardis Gras organization and our parade and ball are tomorrow night! My float's theme is the fifties so I'll be wearing that beautiful headpiece you see above. Don't worry the blue part is now pink polka dots with rhinestones! I have a pink poodle skirt, pink cat eye glasses, and some pink tights since it is supposed to be really cold. We are going to look great!
In other news, my house has been on the market for one week now. I think it has been shown 10 times already. I think that is good? There is an open house this Sunday, so maybe there will be a bidding war and I'll make a little extra $. I know, wishful thinking.
Ok, I'm leaving you with pics of a king cake. King cake is one of my favorite Mardis Gras traditions and I have been saving my Weight Watcher points (if I have any left from the great V-day dinner last night) for a nice big piece. The tradition of the king cake (if you don't already know) is that there is a plastic baby placed in the cake. Whomever gets the piece with the baby is supposed to buy the next king cake.
Have a great weekend and Happy Mardis Gras! Keep your fingers crossed for an offer!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooh I'm going to a Mardi Gras ball tomorrow night too! And had some king cake last week and got the baby! Fun fun times!

MC said...

In France, if you get the baby you are supposed to host the next party.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin