Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Little Love from Kate


I fell in love with Kate Spade's Flat Iron Thea purse while I was in Manhattan a few weeks ago with my fiance. We were supposed to be looking for apartments, but I managed to get him into Bloomingdale's for just a "quick look." As I quickly made my way through the accessories department I saw Thea. My fiance recognized the look in my eyes as I put her on my shoulder for the first time and to my utter amazement HE decided I really did need this beautiful purse. He told me he would give her to me for a early Valentine's Day treat. Isn't she pretty? I feel like I'm slowly making my transition to a New Yorker. Although, I have always loved anything by Kate, I'll admit, I used to have all of the knock offs and this is my first real one! I can't be walking around with knock offs when they sell them on every corner, right? I'm glad (and very lucky) my fiance understands this logic.

On another note, I also chose Kate Spade for my wedding shoes (so she is making up for all of those old knock offs. ) I purchased my ivory satin "Mattie" shoes from Zappos. I was looking for a small heel and these fit perfect. I think they'll be great for my late June wedding, plus I have an obsession with shoes with bows. I recently realized this while shopping for wedding shoes, I kept picking out every pair with bows. I started thinking about it and I realized I own about 10 shoes with bows! I guess I just love that preppy feminine touch. (Yes, I do also sneak a daily peak at my wedding shoes and I welcome the opportunity to try them on for everyone that comes to my house!) What do you think?





8 comments:

Suburban prep said...

The shoes are beautiful.

Meg said...

Those shoes are great - very elegant!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shoes! I too have an obsession with bows. My fiance calls it the little girl complex!

Gin and Tonic Extra Lime said...

I too love shoes with bows. I wore Kate Spade's "Newlywed" shoe on my wedding day. Afterwards I had them died black, I sometimes wear them little black with cocktail dresses.

Melissa said...

Love the shoes! I also have an obsession with shoes with bows - you aren't alone!

Britt said...

Perfect! Can't go wrong with Kate Spade on your wedding day.

Sarah said...

Love love love those shoes. In fact, I might have ordered them if I had seen them before the ones I ended up getting. They are perfect. And love the idea of dying your wedding shoes black- I'm going to do that for sure.

Mrs. Shelton said...

I too love Kate Spade. I got my first real Kate about 5 years ago while I was in college! LOVE! My china pattern in Kate Spade too! I love your purse. I haven't seen it yet. I will have to check out those wedding shoes. I wanted a very small (if any) heel and I love bows. I orginally wanted ballet flats, but I can't find any really cute ones! Thanks for the tip!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin