Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wedding Planning Blues


Dear Blogworld,

I have a confession to make. My nerves and stress levels are a little higher than normal and I cracked last night. I'm not sure if it is the fact that my house closes in two weeks and I haven't finished packing, or maybe it is the growing "to do" list of wedding items that need to be ordered (yesterday). No, perhaps it was the invitation list (damn that thing) which is due tonight to our calligrapher. Actually, it might have been my fiance trying to add NINE people to the list last night, FIVE of which are young children! Nope,I know, it was the man that did not speak English that I had to talk to about cutting off my cable. "No sir, I'm moving to Manhattan I do not want to transfer my service I want to cut it off. Yes sir, I realize that the movie pack is a great deal, but I just need my service turned off. No sir, I do not want to upgrade my Internet connection...BECAUSE I'M MOVING TO NYC!!!!" I know that saying goodbye to everyone I see might have added to it, but whatever IT was IT got to me last night and I cracked. I was THAT bride and I'm here to admit to you blogworld, "Hello my name is MMM and I'm a stressed out bridezilla." (Insert Sarah's pic of bridezilla here and play crazy psycho music.) It is amazing that in the midst of such a wonderful occasion you can get so worked up over things. Okay, so I admit I am an emotional person, but last night I couldn't seem to handle anything. I'm to the point where I just want to tell my future mother-in-law, my friends, my fiance, or any stranger on the street..."yes, that sounds great...because I DON'T care about the color of the damn napkins." But, today through my swollen eyes, I can see clearly again (thanks to visine). I can do this. I am marrying the man of my dreams and it is so easy to get caught up in the craziness that we call wedding planning. Y'all planning one of these things is NOT always fabulous and I am here to tell you. My fiance is coming tonight and I'm declaring it 24 hours of no wedding (well, after the calligrapher, honeymoon and jeweler meetings, of course.) So maybe that is not possible this close to our big day, but somehow I'm going to figure out a way to pamper myself and the man of my dreams. Deep Breath. Maybe tomorrow I'll be ready to talk to you about weddings again.

Thanks for listening
,


MMM

PS. My cute button can be purchased for $2.00 at www.cafepress.com. Click on the picture for the direct link and someone send me one!

11 comments:

Britt said...

OH bless the bridezilla in us all! I don't know where it comes from, but when you do see clearly, you realize how lucky you are! Cheers and take a day off when you can!

Melissa said...

Definitely take a deep breath and go out and do something fun with your fiance. Its amazing how all consuming wedding planning can be. After its all over you're almost like ok what are we supposed to talk about now? As the wedding gets closer, things that once seemed so important don't matter because you feel like you will smash a wedding cake in someone's face if you have to make one more tiny and truthfully, insignificant decision about the big day. But in the end it will all be worth it when you have your perfect day. In the meantime, my advice is to focus on the moment you ride away from the wedding and can take a big sign knowing that you did it and you're about to go on the trip of a lifetime with your fabulous new hubby!

Unknown said...

Hey you. I did the exact same about four months before the wedding. It's cool, it happens to everyone. My only advice is honestly tell the people around you that you need help and delegate. And just know that you only need a few fun details. After that, no one is going to notice the color of the napkins!

TCP said...

Oh hon, we've all been there. I think it's nearly impossible to plan a big wedding without having one or two days like that. Just know that in the end, it will all be worth it!!

DebbieDo said...

Take a deep breath, it is all going to be great and everything will get done in time for your move and in time for your wedding. I have moved 2x in the past year, I know how hard it is but all the packing will get done.

It's ok to vent your frustrations. You are human after all. Every bride had bridezilla monents, it comes with the territory of planning a huge event!

Mrs. Shelton said...

I know exactly how you feel. I had one of those Friday morning... I called my mom bawling at 8:00 in the morning sobbing about the stupidest (is that a word) stuff! I also feel like i am never spending time with my fiance. He is working extra hard and I spend all of my time by the computer (i.e. blogging or wedding shopping) that I feel like I never see him. I promised to take Sunday and devote just to him (and church!) It will all be okay. I'm with you if you need to be a b*@!&y bride every once and awhile!

Susan D. said...

Definitely have "no wedding weekends". My husband and I had to do this several times, because I would just get too caught up in details and everything else and find that I wasn't a pleasant person to be around! Take a few deep breaths, have fun with your honey & don't think about the W word again until Monday!

MC said...

Don't stress too much, I've never planned a wedding, but I can honestly tell you I can't remember the color of the napkins from any of them, and I never noticed any of the things that were "wrong" at a single wedding that was fun. This is a celebration of you and your fiance and the love that you share, that is the most important detail.

Gin and Tonic Extra Lime said...

I remember going through childhood pictures to give to my MIL for the slideshow and having a breakdown. I think I scared my DH to pieces when I started wailing "I don't want to be a grown up".

It's a culmination of all of the wedding stress, change and a little bit of growing up.

You will love looking back on these blog entries in the future years because this is such an incredible time.

CBM said...

Bridezilla happens to the best of us, MMM. 24 hours of "no wedding" sounds like a great idea. Everything that needs to be done will get done--and remember that tomorrow's another day.
Have a nice weekend!

Sarah said...

I'm right there with ya, dear. Deep breaths and cocktails seem to help.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin