Monday, April 16, 2007

My Kitchen and Linen Shower





My Kitchen and Linen shower hosted by 15 of my best friends Saturday was fabulous! They did an amazing job and everything was perfect. There were napkins with pink "U"s on them, my monogram done in wooden pink wooden letters with green polka dots, pink and green "U" petite fours, pastel frosted cookies and beautiful flowers. We drank mimosas, pink lemonade, white wine and iced tea. The Southern menu consisted of a delicious spinach salad with mandarin oranges and french fried onions, heavenly chicken fingers, pimento cheese and chicken salad tea sandwiches, the most amazing biscuits I've ever tasted and fresh berries. What diet? The hostesses got me this amazing and generous gift. I received monogrammed hand towels, coasters, towels and sheets. I also received some very neat serving pieces (like this from my everyday pattern) and essential kitchen items. One of my other favorite gifts was pink and green dish towels, pink oven mitt and pot holder, a pink spatula and a pink apron from Williams Sonoma. My poor fiance, I can see him now using that pink oven mitt!! It was a perfect afternoon escape from the boxes and I am very blessed to have such an amazing group of friends and family. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm enjoying my first day as unemployed, but not enjoying all of these boxes!

5 comments:

Sisters with Style said...

The shower looked beautiful. What great gifts and friends you have!

Hannah Lane said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love your invitations. I hope you had a great day!

SCM said...

Everything looks so pretty!

Mrs. Shelton said...

What a wonderful shower! I had my first shower this weekend (check out my blog). It is so nice to know you have such wonderful people in your life to share this experience with you! I love the items you got! You asked what I got for my bridesmaids, but since they read my blog, here is the link to what one of the things I got for them: http://www.fancystitchesonline.com/product_info.php/products_id/144

Have a great week!

Sarah said...

How fun! Sorry I'm late to the game. Showers are great- you get all the best gifts first. Forgive me, but when is your big day again?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin