Monday, April 28, 2008

Reader Question--Wedding Gift

Reader "J" writes:

I just started to read your blog and I love it! I also live in Manhattan and live the preppy lifestyle. I need some advice on a wedding gift for a couple that got married a month ago at Battery Gardens. They are on the modern side so it is really tough for me to decide. I was thinking of monogramming something silver like a tray or a champagne bucket but I can't find those items anywhere. Any advice would be great!

J

Hi J!

Thanks for reading. I would suggest checking first to see if the bride and groom are registered anywhere. Most brides these days are registered at least one of the following: Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Crate and Barrel, Macys (or other large department store in their area), and usually a few small stores in their area. You can find out where the couple is registered by checking www.weddingchannel.comOr, just go to the websites/or stores and look their names up. Having just been a bride I appreciated most the gifts that came off our registry. Sure, I loved a few of the unexpected but more often than not those gifts were not returnable and if I happened to not like it, well let's just say they are in the garage at my parents house and did not make the move to the city! You mentioned you wanted to do something monogrammed so perhaps one of these items in on their registry at William Sonoma...they would all make great Preppy Classic wedding gifts. Good luck!!

MMM




Monogrammed Glass Ice Bucket

Monogrammed Pewter Tray

Monogrammed Stainless Steel Wine Cooler

Williams Sonoma monogrammed Pepper Mill



Williams Sonoma Monogrammed Carving Board

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin