Monday, September 17, 2007

Our Honeymoon Pictures-Part One-German Wine Country

Here are pictures from the first part of our honeymoon to the German wine country. The below pictures are mostly from where we stayed in Rhodt, Germany. My husband's family has a connection with a family there that owns a vineyard, a restaurant, and hotel. This place is very special to my husband and he wanted to share it with me. I have to say hearing him speak German with the locals was pretty sexy. Rhodt was the perfect start to our honeymoon and so romantic and relaxing. We spent our days sleeping and our nights eating great food and drinking the local wines. We went to another village to a spa one day. I'll save that experience for another post! It really was the perfect place for us to unwind and relax.


Not quite ripe...

The vineyards just outside of town. Not all of them are marked and they are all mixed up. When I asked the wine maker that we were staying with how he knew which of the thousands of vines were his. He said, "you just know."


This is where we stayed. My husband worked here for a summer in college. He also lived in Germany for a year after he graduated from Alabama.


Felix's wine, F18 (stands for Friday at 6:00pm)

The little German Village.
My husband and his wine and his new ring!! He picked yellow gold because he thought it was more classic and that is what his Dad picked. I must say I wasn't so sure at first, but it was his choice and now I can't imagine anything else. My Dad's was yellow gold too.


The vineyards.

This is the courtyard to our hotel where we sat and drank wine and I ate lots and lots of German potatoes!



This is the interior of their little restaurant. My husband helped out in the kitchen when he worked there so all the old ladies loved him. The food was amazing and the best part...it was free!!



A view of the village from a hike we took one day through the vineyards.



Another picture of the streets and our hotel.



The view outside our window!


Their vineyard is a small operation and this is their bottling room. We did a wine tasting with the wine maker one evening. It was so much fun and so relaxing.


There were flowers everywhere!
The streets of Rhodt and a few pretty pictures below.





7 comments:

lisagh said...

Wow! This looks like an amazing place to visit. Can't wait to see more!

J said...

It looks lovely! I think it's always so nice to see places besides the big cities when traveling.

Meg said...

That's so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Suburban prep said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures. It all looks so charming. The memories you'll have for a lifetime must be wonderful.

Preppy Napkin said...

What fun!

Southern Cupcake said...

Wow. The pictures are breathtaking! Thank you for sharing. They are beautiful!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin