Monday, February 25, 2008



We had an overall good weekend and the sun today makes me feel so much better. We haven't seen the sun in NYC in a long time!

Friday evening after work I took Daisy to the park and she had a great time rolling around in the snow! I took a few pictures I still need to upload. On Friday night we had a great dinner with a new couple and we all got along great. A few bottles of wine and we closed the restaurant down. It's funny when you go out with "couples" it is so hard to find a couple where you and your husband both get along with the others really well. I've found this even more true in NYC, but we were really lucky to find some more potential friends!

On Saturday (after a late start due to the above mentioned bottles of wine) I went shopping with one of my best friends. We met at the Time Warner Center for lunch here.
It was great! After filling up on their fabulous bread (I had the tomato soup and a grilled cheese--perfect for a snowy day), we were off on a quest to find some spring dresses. Here is:
My winning dress. It doesn't look like much online, but let me tell you it is one of those dresses that hits you in all the right spots. It is so flattering and very versatile. I love it and can't wait to start wearing it. While we were at BCBG, I also fell in LOVE with this. Just looking for the perfect party to wear it to so I can buy it. I also found a BCBG green and white wrap dress at Lord and Taylor on clearance for...$40.00! Thanks Beth for the heads up on the sale. Saturday night we went to watch the UT/U of Memphis basketball game with my husband's aunt, uncle, two cousins and their girlfriends. Their family is from Memphis and are big UT fans so the game was AWESOME! (UT won in a very exciting close game and is now #1 in case you don't follow basketball)

In the midst of all of the fun this weekend, I also had something really sad happen. On Saturday afternoon my little sister, A , called me hysterical. Her neighbor had just knocked on her door to let her know that her cat Maggie (short for Magnolia--named by me) had passed away. She was asleep on the neighbor's lawn. We don't know what happen to her (either got hit by a car or got into something poisonous probably). My sister has had a lot of really hard times in the past five years and she got Maggie from the Tuscaloosa Humane Society a little over a year and a half ago. She and Maggie had a special bond--this was A's first pet that was hers alone and she had done a great job with her. Maggie was her baby and my heart breaks for A. Even as I type this I keep tearing up. I spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday on the phone with my sweet sister just wishing I could be there with her to give her a big hug. She called me yesterday afternoon and she had taken a tap and woke up looking for Maggie---forgetting. Any of you that have gone through a loss of a pet understand the pain involved of losing one. I wish there was something I could do to help ease her pain, but unfortunately time is the only cure. =( Enough on that, I'm going to tear up again.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and I hope you have a great Monday.

11 comments:

Heather said...

I love that BCBG shirtdress. I can definitely see how it would be flattering - and very versatile too!
That is so sad about your sister's cat. I am sorry to hear that.

Wifer said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister's cat. Losing a pet can be devastating.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister's cat.

I love the BCBG dress. I am glad you found something.

Preppy Mama said...

SO sorry to hear about Maggie. Losing a pet is truly devastating and I send my sympathy to you sister.

I totally love that navy dress!

cbp said...

I can relate to your sister's story. Going through a hard time. Getting a kitty who was my baby and losing her to a sudden illness. It has been several years and the loss still hits me every once in a while.

Eat, Drink, & Sleep Preppy! said...

I love this dress. Warmer days are soon ahead and then I'll have to shave my legs on a regular basis! Do I have time for that MMM? Sorry to hear about your sister. I know it will take a while to get over it. I still miss my puppy and it's been years!
Take Care,
Deana

Preppy Lizard said...

The lose of a pet is so hard. We lost our kitty 2 years ago and it was so hard.
Your sister is in my thoughts!

TLA said...

Im sorry to hear of your sisters loss of her beloved Maggie. Pets are truly like our children.

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I like the dress. I could see it with classic pearls or a chunky colorful necklace.
That is terrible about your sister's cat.

Elizabeth said...

Losing a pet is just awful. AWFUL. Your poor sis. That was lovely that you sat on the phone with her for two days. You are a nice sis! :)

Love love love that dress.

Beth said...

Love the dress you got! It looks like a great cut!

So sorry to hear about your sisters cat, very sad.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin