Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy President's Day

Hi friends!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. My husband and I celebrated here. It was one of my favorite meals yet in NYC! We had an AMAZING dinner and enjoyed the newlywed bliss of our 1st married Valentine's Day!

Speaking of bliss, today is my parent's 30th Anniversary! Congrats Mom and Dad on this major accomplishment! I love you both. A new friend also got engaged! He wrote I love you in sharpie next to where they write your name and then will you marry me was hidden under the sleeve part on a Starbucks cup (where the order goes). How cute is that? By the time she figured it out he was on his knee with the ring! Too cute! Also, one of my husband's groomsmen and his wife had their 2nd baby today (another boy)! Congrats A&C! I can't wait to meet little Sam.

We had a restful weekend, but we did rent a car on Saturday for a little visit here. I convinced my husband that I needed these (well they are a little lighter, but close enough). Aren't they beautiful! Since we still had the car we decided to go here for dinner. It was really great! I also made another MAJOR purchase. I finally ordered my chair! We went with the Remy Chair and Ottoman from Ballard Designs with the Grand Ticking Green fabric. I got a swatch of the fabric and was ecstatic to find that the small stripe is brown and not black...which makes it blend PERFECTLY with my sofa! In addition, I got the President's Day 15%. The only downside is we have to wait for 8-10 weeks. Yuck.

My husband and I are starting to plan a trip for this summer for our 1st anniversary. We are thinking Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean. Anyone have any good resorts we should check out? Please comment or leave a link to your favorite beach resort. I love to scuba dive and my husband loves deep sea fishing. We both want something relaxing and not too expensive. I would love to hear your suggestions. I sent an email out to some of my friends and they came back with these resorts that they went to on their honeymoons and I just have to share. I think most of them are over our budget (we did just go a two week honeymoon to Europe), but maybe someday!

http://www.jumbybayresort.com/

http://www.hotelpuntaislita.com/

http://www.capjuluca.com/

http://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/flash.html

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sttfr-frenchmans-reef-and-morning-star-marriott-beach-resort/

http://www.bellagiohoteldulac.com/

http://www.beyc.com/

http://www.coralsands.com/index.htm

http://www.westinresortstjohn.com/welcome.htm

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/GrandCayman/Default.htm

http://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/flash.html


http://www.gocayecaulker.com/

http://www.cablebeachresorts.com/


http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1087

If that doesn't get you wishing for a tropical drink and a tan...it sure brightens my day to look at these places! I can't wait to hear your suggestions and check out the places you've been.

Housekeeping note: I'll post the winner of the giveaway soon. Be on the lookout! Thanks again Preppy Monogrammed Gifts for sponsoring. All of the stories were so sweet and I can't wait to hear Deana picks. If you still have not accepted your blog invite, please do so. All you have to do is sign up for a blogger account with your current email. You DO NOT need to get a gmail account unless you want to.

A YEAR AGO TOMORROW

17 comments:

Some Like it Southern said...

Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend! I love the chair, you'll have to post pictures when it finally arrives.
I have only been to Mexico on a cruise but I would love to go back. The hubby and I are going to the Keys for our 1 year aniv. in April. I think we are planning the same sort of activites, fishing and scuba diving.
Oh, and I voted for Mr. Manhattan!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Here's a suggestion that you may not have crossed yet... Anguilla, BWI. The Cap Juluca resort is one of the best. http://www.capjuluca.com/default.asp

Preppy Mama said...

Hey, I was at the same outlets on Monday..weird.
Congrats on one year, how exciting. Have fun planning a trip.
Oh, love the chair and great choice on the fabric. Take pictures and post when in comes in!

RED said...

GREat choice for the chair and fabric! I LOVE woodbury commons, haven't been in a couple of years, I'm jealous you're so close! I think I would go all the time!

Beth said...

My husband & I went to Turks & Caicos on our honeymoon. We had a nonstop, 3 hour flight from JFK. Left NYC at 8am and had lunch on the beach! Look for resorts on Providenciales. GREAT scuba diving. The beaches in Turks always appear on "World's Best Beaches" list.

SarahNash said...

We went to the Frenchman's Reef resort in St. Thomas for our Honeymoon. It was nice, we did the all inclusive thing, it was a good deal for the drinks, but we got bored with the so-so food at the resort. St Thomas is beautiful (So is St. John, from what I hear) what a fun vacation!

kc said...

I honeymooned in Anquilla at Cap Jaluca (resort). It was amazing. The service was incredible. Everyday you have chairs with an umbrella and a flag. You just hold your flag up when you want a new beverage, food, ice towel, popcicle ex. The food is amazing and the beach is out of this world. If you want a place just to relax. This is the place to go. Another great place to check out is Turks and Caico's. We rented a home on the beach. We did deep sea fishing, snorkeling (great reefs), and ate a lot. They have a wonderful resort there too but I can't think of the name of it. WHen I find out I will let you know. St John is awesome too. The mountains are beautiful and it is less commercial than St. Thomas. Great deep sea fishing, snorkeling, and cute town. By the way--great choice for the chair. I am so glad it had the brown. That was my only concern with the fabric. That will look incredible and be well worth the wait. Congrats on your 1st Valentines and your parents' 30th. That is so wonderful to have such positive role models to look up to. Have a great week!

Mrs LSL said...

Great choice with the chair! That was my favorite too. :)

My husband and I went to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon in September and loved it. We stayed at a resort called Vallarta Palace.

http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/VallartaPalace/Index.asp

We had a great time, oh how I wish that I was there right now! :)

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I LOVE the Tory Burch Reva flats. I want to get a pair, but don't want to spend $200 when I am not working. Are they a better deal at the outlet?

My husband I went to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon. We had a great time. It was so beautiful there.

Anonymous said...

Diving in the Caribbean won't get any better than Roatan, Honduras!!! Primitive, but so exotic and awesome. I think the most popular resort is: http://www.anthonyskey.com/index.cfm
But we love: http://www.reefhouseresort.com/reefhouse.html

On another note, we just got back from diving using Norwegian cruises (out of New Orleans) where we did Guatemala, Roatan, Cozumel, and Belize.

Sarah M said...

I went to Caneel Bay in St. John and Little Dix on Virgin Gorda. I would recommend both of them. They were different from each other but the service was great. If you want more details please let me know.

Belle said...

Go to Bermuda! My parents have stayed at Cable Beach and they loved it. Another suggestion is the Pink Beach Club. We went about 4 years ago and it was so pretty and laid back. I would love to go to Bermuda because it was so pretty, clean and less sketchy than the Carribean.

astiltne said...

My husband and I had a wonderful time in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We went in the winter time and it was fabulous. We flew into San Jose and drove to Tamarindo. Liberia is closer but we wanted to tour the country. We surfed, snorkled, and went deep sea fishing. There are several nice hotels in Tamarindo. We stayed at the Barcelo Playa Langosta. Barcelo is a chain and there are several throughout Central America.

amanda said...

I've been to Punta Cana in the DR and we went to a few places in Costa Rica for our honeymoon and I enjoyed Costa Rica more. Good luck. We're thinking about heading back for our anniversary too!

amanda said...

One more thing, the summer is the rainy season in Costa Rica, but we found it to be really pleasant, it didn't stop us at all and mostly only rained at night. Also, the prices are reduced for this time of year and many places offer a night free after 3 or 4 nights.

amanda said...

One more thing, the summer is the rainy season in Costa Rica, but we found it to be really pleasant, it didn't stop us at all and mostly only rained at night. Also, the prices are reduced for this time of year and many places offer a night free after 3 or 4 nights.

amanda said...

One more thing, the summer is the rainy season in Costa Rica, but we found it to be really pleasant, it didn't stop us at all and mostly only rained at night. Also, the prices are reduced for this time of year and many places offer a night free after 3 or 4 nights.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin