Monday, January 28, 2008

Reader Question

MMM,
I hope you are doing well. I love reading your blog and I wish I had more time for my own blog. I am coming to NYC the first weekend in Feb. for the gift show held at the Javits Center. I will be with two of my girlfriends and we will be there for two nights (fri. and sat.) We are staying at a hotel about 1 mile from the Javits Center. Do you have any suggestions for restaurants that we can try. We would like to do Italian one night and are open for the other night. The last time I was in NYC I went to Grammercy Park which was delicious and lovely, but would prefer not to spend that much on dinner. I appreciate any suggestions that you may have.
Thanks,
Reader Jenn

Hi Jenn,
I know you are getting excited about your trip. I'm still new to the city so I'm no expert on places to eat, but I certainly can recommend some of my favorites so far. For an overall resource I use
Menu Pages (you can put in the type of food you are looking for and also the location you would like to eat). For online reviews (and you can also put in type of food and location) my favorite is New York Magazine.
To make reservations, Open Table is a great way to find the type of food you want and restaurants that are available for the day and time you want!

As for Italian:

I LOVE Frank. The food is fabulous and it is very affordable. The restaurant is small and I don't think they take reservations, but the wait has never been too bad for us and it is a great chance to enjoy a great glass of chianti at the bar. Here is a link to
their website and a link to a review.

Some good Upper East Side options (my neck of the woods) are UVA. It is a great wine bar/Italian restaurant. For family style (read A LOT of good food for a group) try Tony's.

If pizza is what you are looking for, this one is my favorite!! Or, try Totonno's on the Upper East and John's in Times Square.


For your wildcard option I would try:

Rosa Mexicana or Mercadito for Mexican

Wolfgangs if you want the ultimate splurge that is so worth it!!

I'm not sure what
Public is, but it is good and the atmosphere is so cool!

This is my favorite brunch spot and they have lots of locations.

For Chinese, head to China town.
The Amazing 66 is one of our favorites, but almost all of them are fabulous!

For Peruvian, try
Pio Pio. Don't forget the Sangria!

Or, if you are in the mood for a good burger...here is a great link!


Like I mentioned before, I'm still new and there are SO MANY wonderful options! Let me know where you end up and have a great trip!

1 comment:

Red and White Preppy said...

Thanks! I'll be making a trip in May and was looking for some ideas :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin