As someone who's due in 8 weeks, I'd love to hear your thoughts on packing a hospital bag and on your stroller research! I just ordered the Bugaboo Chameleon and am wondering if I made the right choice? Thanks so much!
First off, congrats on your new baby! My hospital bag was not completely packed since Baby J was 3 weeks early. So my first advice is to pack early! I bought some really cute pjs to wear in the hospital. I delivered the "regular" way and without going into too much detail, I was not able to wear any of my cute pjs because they would have been ruined. I had been warned...the warnings were correct. Just delight in the beautiful mesh boyshorts they provide you. They are almost as cute as Hanky Pankys! Ha!
My favorite items that I brought that I'm glad I had were:
1) My own pillow with a colored monogrammed pillowcase.
2) My google phone and charger so that I could text friends when I found out I was in labor and right after I delivered.
3) chapstick (for some reasons your lips get extra chapped.)
4) Our new Cannon Rebel 450D--thank goodness we brought it to the hospital just in case!
5) Cozy chenille socks (since I was early I did not have time for a pedicure so I wore them during my delivery!!)
6) My Boppy Pillow (it actually doesn't help you that much when you are first learning to breastfeed because it sits too low, but it was still nice to have for other uses)
7) Mini toiletries for the shower and my own hairdryer. That first shower is HEAVEN!!!
8) Slippers and robe for going to the nursery
Things I wish I had brought:
1) A smaller outfit for Baby J! Bring a few options just in case!
2) Larger shoes for the return trip home--my feet were so swollen that I had to wear my slippers!!
Readers feel free to add the things you thought were the most helpful and the things you wished you had brought! We have a lot of mommies to be out there that will appreciate the advice!!
I LOVE my Bugaboo Chameleon. We have used the bassinet for Baby J to sleep in, although he prefers his car seat because of his reflux. We have the Graco car seat adaptor and it has been great! I love the way it maneuvers and swivels. It really tackles the streets of NYC! =) I just learned how to fold it up and it really is quite easy. The handlebar adjusts so that when A strolls Baby J he can be more comfortable. I love the rain/wind cover. We've had to use that a lot lately! I bought the cup holder and highly recommend it. I also bought a hook that has been great for shopping and keeping my diaper bag on straight. I think you made an excellent choice!
***Have you entered my giveaway yet? You have until April 1st! Click here to do so and win a 8 X 8 of this beautiful photograph!***