Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Navy Blue Today

Last night I met up with my Junior League placement and we went to Rosa Mexicano! It was a blast and I'm making some great new friends. My friend K is coming to visit this weekend and I CAN'T wait. K just had a baby girl about 2 months ago and her MIL told her to take a break for the weekend. She deserves it and I can't wait to catch up with her this weekend!

One of my NYC blogger friends, Mmmm...Tastes Good, bestowed the Bloggy Goodness Award on me. I finally get to meet her in real life next week. Check out her blog for some fab recipes. I'm not really sure what the rules of this one are so I'm just going to give it away to 7 of you.


1) Love, Life and Labs
Happy 3rd Anniversary!

2) Mrs. Preppy
She's my long lost friend I'm pretty sure. Wish she was in NYC so we could complain about our pregnancy problems together. =)

3) Grove Gals-
Sent me the most precious things for Daisy. I'm going to post pics soon with a proper thank you post!
4) Jenna's Journey
One of my fellow pregnant ladies!

5) My Inner Seamstress
Mel is saving the day with Monkey (see below.)

6) Puttin on the Grits
She's pure Southern goodness. I wish she and Country would hop on a plane and come visit me in NYC!

7) Baby Belle in the Big City
My real life friend who is having some serious boy problems. Hang in there Belle at least we have the Tide! Repeat after me--two tigers down, one more to go. RTR!

The weather in NYC has been chilly as of lately. I had to retire my long black coat this week when button number 3 didn't quite button across the growing belly. The split in the back of the jacket was apparently giving a full view of my growing behind. My friend A loaned me her Land's End maternity puffy coat and that fits much better! My only problem with the puffy coat is I just look really fat in it. Last night no one could tell I was pg on the subway and for the 1st time in a few months no one got up to give me their seat. They just thought I was a fat girl. Tear. Would it be wrong to unzip my jacket and stick my belly out so I can get a subway seat? Ha, Ha! My maternity wardrobe has done well so far, but the panel on my Pea in the Pod pants is now making a mark on my belly...not a good sign when I have 3 months to go! I also need to find a few maternity sweaters to keep me warm in the upcoming months.

I need some good winter shoes. Any suggestions? I normally just wear flats (BC Babycakes in one of 3 colors or my TB Revas in one of 2 colors), but I absolutely hate the look of socks with flats, but my toes are cold so I would love to find something cute where the sock with the shoe isn't offensive. I wear my Uggs when it is really cold or my Hunters when it is raining or snowing, but I need an everyday comfy cute shoe for my daily walk to work.

Speaking of my daily walk, I stopped into Starbucks yesterday and had my first gingersnap latte (formally the gingerbread latte--not sure what's up with the name change.) Has anyone signed up for the gold rewards card? I feel like I need one, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Great news!! Although our Monkey is still being held hostage by a mean lady somewhere in the DC area, one my fellow Monkey hostesses has offered up her sweet Monkey, Carolina, to complete Monkey's journey across the United States. Hostesses that have not received Monkey yet have the option of Carolina coming to visit them. What a wonderful person Melanie is! Click here if you want to read up on all that has been happening or join the fun in hosting Monkey.

They were filming this movie in my hood this past weekend. Too bad I didn't see anyone famous! Not sure how the UES ties into the movie?

I know you were wondering about the bow doc, she is wearing a navy blue (rather short) suit and a navy blue bow today. I would love to take a pic, but I would love to stay at my job even more. =)

Have you signed up for my giveaway yet? You can win a cute 2009 Donovan Designs Calendar! I'm giving away 5 of them from The Paper Cafe! You have until Friday so get to it! Click here for the rules and to post a comment.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Love the gingerbread (snap? interesting) latte! It's one of my favorite ways to start getting me in the mod for the holiday season!

Muffy said...

OOH! I LOVE the Junior League! We just had our placement fair and I got my first choice committee!! You and I are totally in the same provisional class! LOVE IT!

Rachel H. said...

I saw the Starbucks Reward card today too...I'm not sure if it's worth it for me either. I may go to Starbucks once a month max, so would I even make up for what I pay for it? I'm not sure. I do love Starbucks. I had it today too!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I can only imagine the navy bow...

Thanks for the award! We definately are long lost friends. Next time I am in NYC (or if you are ever in Dallas) we will have to get together! I think I am going to order a winter coat from Old Navy... I will email you the link.

Michelle said...

I saw the Gingersnap Latte at Starbucks yesterday!! I will have to try it.
I'm a fellow NYC gal. You have such a cute blog!!

Farrell and Lauren said...

Dansko clogs to work- they will be good for your back- and then change when you get there!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I found your blog again. I use to read your blog about the time you found out you were pregnant then I lost all my info on my computer. I could not remember the name of your blog but stumbled upon it again this morning.
Glad all is well with baby. I have some catching up to do!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin