Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas in the City

I'm sorry I have not been posting much. Things have been really busy, I'm sure it is that way with all of you. It is hard sometimes to stop in the middle of the holiday rush and remember why we are celebrating. I'm been trying extra hard this week to remember "the reason for the season." I heard a guy say the other day, "I'm too blessed to be stressed." That is so true! My husband and I have used that as our motto the past few weeks when things get crazy.

Another reason for not posting is that I've been not feeling well. The doctors are still trying to figure out exactly what is wrong with me, but it has been pretty scary as they have done some major tests on me. We narrowed down some of the things they thought it might be, but still no solution and I'm still feeling bad. I get more test results back today, so please keep me in your prayers. I think we are on the right track! =)

Anyways...We have really enjoyed the holiday season in the city. It is so pretty all decorated up! We went ice skating in Central Park a few weekends ago and had a blast! We saw the tree in Rockefeller center...wow!! We've been surviving the cold weather and enjoying the occasional snow. Daisy saw her first snow a few weeks ago and did well! I have pictures I'll share soon. I have sent out all of our Christmas cards. So far everyone has loved them as much as I do! I have also received some precious cards. I have quite a few babies on my bulletin board and this time next year I will have at least 7 more! That's right...SEVEN of my friends are pregnant and a few others are trying. First, it was the weddings and now we are on to the babies. Very exciting! I better start stocking up on baby gifts.

My husband and I are going home on Friday evening after work. Yeah!! First, we are going to his parent's city (where I used to live as well), then we'll drive 4 hours south to where my parents live on Christmas Eve. I have the ENTIRE week off work next week so I'm very excited. I can't wait to be with our family and friends. I've missed them so much! We are very lucky that we'll be able to spend this time with them. My husband will have to leave on the 26th, but I'll stay until the 29th (we are going down to our beach house). Poor Daisy is going to be stuck in the city at her usual place. I'll miss her a lot during Christmas! (Is that pathetic...oh well!)

I'll try to post when I have chance, but I will probably be sporadic until after the New Year. I hope everyone enjoys the season and remember..."You are too blessed to be stressed!"

To tide you over until next time...below are some pictures of Christmas in the city for you to enjoy.

The tree...sideways!!


Ice skating in Central Park


Decorations on the street.


City Christmas Stand


Little trees with snow!


More trees! Snow in Central Park


Ice Skating in the city!

17 comments:

Mrs. LSL said...

Merry Christmas and hope you enjoy your trip home! :)

Tiffany (aka T, Tiffers, Tiffster, and Pally) said...

Feel Better! My thoughts are with you. Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

I am sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. I hope that you feel better soon, and that your doctors are taking good care of you. Have a terrific trip!

Suburban prep said...

Hope that you are felling better soon and thet your trip helps you relax. Enjoy.

Connecticut Charm said...

Sounds like you will have a wonderful holiday! Sorry you have not been well, hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures, its been years since I've skated there. Brought back nice memories.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and I hope you feel better!!! I know it is tough to be sick when your mom is so far away!! Haha,am in my 30s and I still want my mom instead of my hubby:-) Well, he did bring me oreos from the store when I asked for crackers to help with nausea once :-) Have fun in L.A., nothing like the beach in Winter!!!

Wifer said...

My prayers are with you and everything will be just fine. Trust me:-D Relax and have fun on your trip.

Preppy Mama said...

Hope you feel better soon. You are in my thoughts. Wishing you are very merry christmas! Hope you enjoy it!

magnoliabelle said...

Keeping you in my prayers for feeling better and getting answers. Have a fabulous Christmas!!!

msemeraldapple said...

Feel better and you will certainly be in my prayers.

I love this post! I lived in Manhatan in a tiny little studio on the Upper East Side for three years durring college, I just moved back out home last spring and I reall ymiss it. I get in their quite often but it is not the same as living in there, especially this time of year. The city feel extra magical at Christmas.

Have a safe trip!

Farrell and Lauren said...

Isn't it funny how you just walk across the street to pick out your tree?? I hope you feel better- have so much fun when you go home!!

Britt said...

Have a merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

Buford Betty said...

Hope you all had a wonderful trip and I hope everything is OK health-wise... thinking of you!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

So festive! I hope you enjoy the season and I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

jhony said...

AFK Arena Tier List the top best heroes in the game to focus on at the very beginning and to the till end. Let's have a look at our AFK Arena.
AFK Arena Before beginning the game, you should know all the details about your heroes. For the different stages, like early, mid.
Find the best heroes for your team in this AFK Arena tier list. Heroes are ranked based on how useful they are and how much value they bring.
https://afkarenatierlist.com

the sims 4 trait cheats said...

your blog color is wonderful.sims 4 freeplay cheats and code get it free Thanks for sharing idea.

John said...

Become familiar with the rudiments and you will appreciate playing the Gun 3D game with the mood melodies.
https://www.pixelgun3dgame.com/pixel-gun-3d-pc/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin