If you have been following my twitter updates you know that we are apartment hunting again! Our lease is up the end of this month and it is time to move on up to the big time...a two bedroom apartment. Yeah! Since my child currently lives in what is basically the kitchen, we have made it as long as we can. Our application is in and we should hear something back today. Please keep your fingers crossed. We have looked at several (read about 100) apartments and this one is actually the same price that we are paying now! Go figure. Where was it last year this time? Rent prices in the city are down about 10-30% from what we have found in our search. Since we are "saving" money, A has promised me some new furniture and new rugs. I've thoroughly enjoyed perusing the Dining Room Furniture at Dining Rooms Direct, the host of my next birthday giveaway. They have several things I have my eye on, such as:
Living Room Rug Options:
New Nursery Options:
Someday we'll be back in the South and I'll have my front porch again so I can buy a few of these. I love them.
Did you know that Dining Rooms Direct has more than just dining room furniture? They have several different furniture collections. My personal favorite is the Coastal Living Collection by Stanley:
Ok, so what can you win? The nice folks at Dining Rooms Direct are giving one lucky Magnolias, Marriage and Manhattan reader a $40.00 gift certificate for anything on their site. You could reduce the cost of something you have your eye on, or you might be able to find a fun home accessory.
If I had $40.00 to spend, I would probably buy these:
By now, I think you know the drill with my giveaways. If you don't, you better learn because it's just the first week of August and I have lots more coming your way. (BTW, you still have time to sign up for the Gossip Girl Site Tour, click here for details.)
1. Go to Dining Rooms Direct and let me know what your favorite thing is or what you would spend your $40.00 on.
2. Come back here and post the link or let me know what it is.
For Additional Entries (each entry should be a separate comment on this post):
1) Post this contest on your blog and leave a comment letting me know you did so
2) Send a tweet out about this contest and leave a comment letting me know you did so
3) Become a Follower or let me know you are already a follower in a separate comment
4) Follow me on Twitter or let me know you are following me on Twitter in a separate comment
7 hours ago