Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hello from Troutville, VA

Hi friends! I'm in Troutville, VA tonight (North of Roanoke.) Daisy and my husband are sound asleep and I just wanted to drop in and let you know that we left this morning for day one of our move to Manhattan. Our moving truck left yesterday and we are driving my Mom's car to the city so we didn't have to pack all of our valuables in the moving truck (not to mention it made it easier with Daisy.) Last night we had an impromptu going away dinner with a lot of our friends and my younger sister. The day before I left my parents...needless to say there have been a few tears in the past couple days. OK, more than a few. =) But, I'll be fine. I'm nervous and excited about this next phase in my life. I can't believe that tomorrow I will actually be in my apartment (OK, so we'll be sleeping on our brand new purple pillowtop air mattress until our moving van arrives Monday, but we WILL be in our first home.) The next few weeks are going to be exciting and scary and I promise to keep you posted on my progress as a Southern girl learning her way in the big city. I will also keep you posted on Daisy's progress with learning to tee tee on concrete. Oh Lord, this dog has no idea what tomorrow holds for her. What is she going to do when she gets out of the car? What am I going to do? Well, ready or not Manhattan...here we come!

PS. I also have not forgotten that you are dying for more wedding pictures and I promise I'll do lots of wedding posts as soon as this move is over.

6 comments:

Sisters with Style said...

Best of luck on this new chapter of your life! You are going to do great--and Daisy too! Can't wait for the updates.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Very exciting! Wish you well with your new chapter. New places are wonderful! Enjoy.

sle said...

Best wishes for a happy life in your first home! Can't wait to hear about how sweet Daisy likes being a city doggie!

Kimba said...

I could not help but laugh and almost tear up! You and Daisy are ready! Thanks for the ride!!!

Ladybug said...

You are one brave girl! :) What an exciting adventure for you both. Good Luck.

MMM said...

Thanks everyone!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin