Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Purple Rain

What an amazing weekend we had! My friend K (who just had baby Harper two months ago) spent the weekend with me. Her mother-in-law watched the baby and she came for some adult time and a little shopping! I sent her back on Sunday well rested and READY to see her little girl. She said it was so hard to leave her, but I know it was great for both of them to have a little time away. (Not to mention I know her MIL loved her alone time with her grand baby!)

We started off the weekend with drinks here with another one of our KD Pledge sisters from college. A went to the box office and got us all tickets to see In the Heights. It won the 2008 Tony for Best Musical. It was great!! The dancing and hip hop parts were my favorite. However, I would highly recommend though if you go to a play almost 7 months pregnant that you get an isle seat. I did not think of that and was a little uncomfy. But, the staff there was so nice to me. I got tapped on the back by an usher at intermission and told to go to the "blue door." The blue door happened to be a secret bathroom they let the pregnant woman use so we don't have to wait 15 minutes in line! =) Being pregnant does have its perks! We finished off the night with dinner at Uva, one of my favorite little spots on the UES.

Saturday, we met our pledge sister for Thai food in Union Square and then did a little shopping. I fell in love with a some pink polka dot pjs at Kate Spade, but I behaved myself. We just purchased about $1200 worth of tickets to go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas so I'm on probation. =) After hitting a few great stores, we made our way back to the UES so I could take her to a few of my favorite baby shops. While in Baby Cottons, I walked in and immediately gasped at a really cute little boy sweater outfit. The store is rather small and there was only one other couple there talking to a lady and then the clerk and another guy. The couple and the lady kinda stared at me and I locked eyes with the lady. She looked familiar. I made my way a little closer and when she started talking it clicked that it was Katie Couric. She was dressed in a Barbour coat, running shoes and yoga pants and did not have any makeup on. She STILL looked precious. I did the good New Yorker thing and ignored her. She went on her way and K and I stared as she walked down Madison with everyone else just running her Saturday errands. After a little investigation, it turns out she lives in my hood...ok well she is on Park and I'm a few Aves over...but within 5 minutes from me. =)

Saturday evening we had pizza with friends and watched #1 Bama beat Mississippi State. I'm so proud of my boys! We have two more major games to go, but they have come a long ways thanks to Coach Saban. I'll be in Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl watching them try to beat Auburn next Saturday and I CAN'T WAIT! Roll Tide Roll! Sunday we met a couple of friends here for brunch. It was so good! K went on her way and I spent some time writing thank you notes and cleaning the apt.

I was off work yesterday. I had my monthly doc apt and the baby is doing great! He should way a little over 2 lbs now and is about 14. 5 inches. He is moving all around and the doc said that I was correct that the reason why the right side of my rib cage is so sore is because his little feet are right there. I got a flu shot and permission to travel home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yeah! My iron is a little low so I was told to eat lots of hamburgers and steaks over the holidays. Have you ever heard of a better prescription from your doc? I still have to take my Zofran or I get sick, but I'm going to try to take it more on an as needed basis and see how I do. We are supposed to go ahead and pick out our pediatrician and get registered for our birthing classes. Wow--I have a lot to do!! I'm in my 3rd trimester now and exactly 7 months pregnant! Not too much longer until I'm going to be holding my sweet baby boy.

Last night A and I went to the David Letterman show. Our show actually ended up being the taping for this coming Friday's show. It was a ton of fun. Our guests were James Franco (he'll be in the new movie Milk with Sean Penn), Bruce McCall (wrote kids book Marveltown) and a James Brown Tribute band. Regis also made a few surprise visits in the midst of the show. He was hilarious! Dave was great and we had a wonderful time. The staff of the show pre-seated A and I since I was pregnant. They brought me inside and let me sit down the entire time. They were too nice! If you ever want to get tickets to David Letterman, click here. It's easy, but you have to know your Letterman Trivia if they call you!!

When I arrived home last night I had two special treats. Sara from Ladybugs and Lilypads sent me the most amazing care package for Baby U. I took pictures and will have to share soon (I think I mentioned one of our laptops is out of commission so I'm behind on my picture sharing.) Thank you SO MUCH Sara!! You are too sweet!! Also the ugly chair arrived back to us---and it's BEAUTIFUL. Pics to come!!

So, I'm back at work now and looking forward to a good rest of the week. We are taking our Junior League kids on a field trip tonight and tomorrow is the NYC Blogger meet up! Email me if you want to join us (magnoliasmarriageandmanhattan at gmail dot com)

Hope y'all had a great weekend! Turkey Day is coming up! A and are going to his parent's in Birmingham and I'm looking forward to seeing some of my friends there. My friend L is due any day now with her little boy and I am so excited I'll get to meet him!

Wondering about the title of my post. Yeah, you're smart. The bow and the suit are purple today, well lilac with pearls to be precise. The bow doc is starting to amaze me with her collection!

10 comments:

BroncoMom said...

Love it MMM!

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!! I love spending time with old friends.

five tomatoes said...

Do you think she makes her bows or buys her bows? I'm so fascinated by this!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I was wondering about the title! So funny!

Preppy 101 said...

Love that title :) But I will have to admit that I am dying to know the WHY behind the bows...:-)

Edith said...

Glad you will be at home this time on Thanksgiving.

Lauren said...

I am glad you are doing well and had a fun weekend!

The Preppy Wedding said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend!

Thanks for the congrats, we are super excited. As for a due date, they aren't quite sure yet, but the initial estimate was May 21.

The Pink Tutu said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I am also spending Thanksgiving in Birmingham. My parents grew up there and all my relatives still live there :) Have a great Thursday!

Preppy Coastee said...

Oh my gosh; I love that your friend named her little girl Harper.

If I had been having a little girl I wanted the name Harper but husband M wasn't having it and even said it wasn't a real name. Lol, what? I guess good thing we are having a boy.

Looks like you had a fun weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin